🍪 Grits Cookies Recipe: A Southern Delight 🍪
Grits Cookies Recipe
You will need:
- 1 cup of cooked grits
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare your baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. This will prevent your cookies from sticking.
- Next, in a large bowl, cream together the softened unsalted butter and sugar until it becomes light and fluffy. This is an important step to ensure your cookies have a soft texture.
- Now, add the egg and vanilla extract to your butter mixture. Mix these ingredients well to incorporate them fully.
- In a separate bowl, combine your dry ingredients: the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Make sure they're mixed well to ensure even distribution in your cookies.
- Gradually add your dry ingredients to the butter mixture. It's important to add them gradually to avoid overmixing, which can make your cookies tough. Mix just until the ingredients are combined.
- Now, fold in the cooked grits. This will give your cookies a unique texture and flavor. Be gentle when folding to keep your cookies tender.
- Drop your cookie dough by rounded tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet. This will give you evenly sized cookies.
- Bake your cookies for 12-15 minutes, or until they're golden brown. Keep a close eye on them to avoid overbaking.
- Finally, let your cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. This will make them easier to remove. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Cooling on a wire rack prevents the bottoms from becoming soggy.
These cookies are a delightful surprise! The grits add a unique texture and flavor that's sure to impress. Enjoy them with a cup of coffee or tea for a truly Southern treat.
Indulge in the delightful surprise of Grits Cookies, a unique twist on a classic treat. These cookies are sure to impress with their texture and flavor, thanks to the addition of cooked grits. Perfect for enjoying with a cup of coffee or tea, these Southern-inspired cookies are a must-try for any baking enthusiast.
To make these delicious Grits Cookies, you will need a few simple ingredients. Start with 1 cup of cooked grits, which will give the cookies their distinctive texture. Combine the cooked grits with 1/2 cup of softened unsalted butter, 1 cup of sugar, 1 large egg, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. These ingredients come together to create a rich and flavorful dough.
In a separate bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing just until combined. The result is a smooth and well-balanced dough that is ready for the star ingredient – the cooked grits.
Gently fold in the cooked grits, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough. This step adds a unique texture and flavor that sets these cookies apart. Once the dough is ready, drop rounded tablespoons onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350°F for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This ensures that they maintain their shape and texture. Once cooled, these Grits Cookies are ready to be enjoyed.
The combination of the buttery cookie base and the subtle grits flavor creates a truly Southern treat. These cookies are perfect for any occasion, whether it's a casual gathering with friends or a special celebration. Their unique texture and flavor will leave a lasting impression on anyone who tries them.
So, why not add a touch of Southern charm to your baking repertoire with these delicious Grits Cookies? They are a delightful twist on a classic treat, and their unique flavor is sure to impress. Whether you're a seasoned baker or just starting out, these cookies are a must-try. So grab your apron and get ready to indulge in a taste of the South with Grits N Grace.