🌽 Gluten-Free Grits with Sauteed Vegetables Recipe 🥦
Gluten-Free Grits with Sauteed Vegetables
You will need:
- 1 cup of gluten-free grits
- 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of diced bell peppers
- 1 cup of diced onions
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Start by bringing the water to a boil in a medium-sized pot.
- Slowly stir in the gluten-free grits and salt, then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the pot and let the grits simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the grits are cooking, heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bell peppers, onions, and garlic to the skillet and saute until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Once the grits are done, remove from heat and stir in the sauteed vegetables and grated cheese until well combined.
- Serve the grits hot, garnished with additional cheese if desired.
Ensure to stir the grits occasionally while they're simmering to prevent them from sticking to the pot. Feel free to experiment with different vegetables based on your preference.
Embrace the warmth of Southern cuisine with our delightful Gluten-Free Grits with Sautéed Vegetables. This recipe is a testament to the versatility of Southern food, combining the comforting texture of grits with the vibrant flavors of sautéed vegetables. Whether you're a seasoned Southern cook or a newbie to this cuisine, this dish is sure to become a favorite in your kitchen.
Our gluten-free grits recipe is not just delicious, but also a healthy alternative. The use of gluten-free grits makes this dish a perfect choice for those with dietary restrictions. And the best part? The preparation is simple and straightforward, ensuring you can enjoy a hearty meal without spending hours in the kitchen.
One of the key elements of this recipe is the sautéed vegetables. The combination of bell peppers, onions, garlic, and tomatoes adds a burst of flavor and a nutritious punch. And let's not forget the cheese! The addition of grated cheddar cheese gives this dish a creamy, indulgent twist that's hard to resist.
While this recipe uses a specific set of vegetables, feel free to experiment with different ingredients based on your preference. The beauty of Southern cooking lies in its flexibility and the ability to make it your own.
If you're looking for more gluten-free options, check out our gluten-free vegetarian recipes for a variety of delicious and healthy meals. And if you're a fan of grits, explore our alternative dishes that can be made with grits for more culinary inspiration.
At Grits N Grace, we're all about celebrating the richness of Southern cuisine. Whether you're a seasoned cook or a beginner, our recipes are designed to guide you through the art of Southern cooking, one delicious dish at a time. So put on your apron, gather your ingredients, and let's get cooking!