🥧 Classic Southern Pecan Pie Recipe 🥧
Classic Southern Pecan Pie
You will need:
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). This will ensure the pie cooks evenly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the corn syrup, sugar, eggs, melted butter, vanilla extract, and salt. Whisk these ingredients together until they're fully combined. This will form the base of your pie filling.
- Next, stir in the pecans. Make sure they're evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into your unbaked 9-inch pie crust. Make sure to spread it evenly to avoid any uneven baking.
- Place the pie in your preheated oven and bake for 60-70 minutes. You'll know it's done when the filling is set and doesn't jiggle when you gently shake the pie.
- Lastly, let the pie cool completely before serving. This will help the filling to set up and make it easier to slice.
For an extra touch of Southern hospitality, serve the pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Also, the pie can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Indulge in the rich, sweet flavors of the South with our Classic Southern Pecan Pie recipe. This traditional dessert is a staple at any Southern gathering, and for good reason. The buttery crust, coupled with the sweet, nutty filling, creates a symphony of flavors that will leave your taste buds singing for more.
This recipe is as straightforward as it gets, making it perfect for both novice bakers and seasoned chefs. The key to a great pecan pie lies in the quality of your ingredients. Fresh pecans, real vanilla extract, and high-quality butter can make all the difference. Don't forget to serve your pie with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream for that extra touch of Southern hospitality.
If you're a fan of classic desserts, you might also want to try our Gluten-Free Apple Pie. It's a delightful twist on a timeless favorite, perfect for those with dietary restrictions. Or, if you're looking for more Southern-inspired dishes, check out our list of popular Southern recipes.
Perhaps you're in the mood for something a bit more adventurous? Our Decadent Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie is a must-try. This recipe takes the classic pumpkin pie to a whole new level with its rich, creamy filling and gluten-free crust.
And if you're pressed for time, don't fret. We've got you covered with our selection of quick and easy Southern baking mixes. These mixes will help you whip up delicious Southern desserts in no time, perfect for those unexpected guests or last-minute get-togethers.
So go ahead, don your apron, and get ready to immerse yourself in the delightful world of Southern baking. Happy cooking!